Well, I needed to write a post anyway, and I had absolutely no ideas yet today ... so here I am, posting away on the new Blogger app as my day's work. Normally my workflow is to write in Nebulous Notes (I'm hoping to move on to the Phraseology/Terminology combo if I treat myself to those two apps for Christmas). Then I copy/paste into Blogsy and do any last minute tweaking: bold/italics/underline plus inserting any images (which, annoyingly have to first be uploaded into Picasa - about my only complaint with Blogsy, actually).
So now I'm testing out Blogger. It certainly had no trouble connecting to my blog and this posting window is pretty straightforward: you just add your title and then type away. Options for adding pictures and labels are down below. You can even take a photo with your camera and have it inserted, which is pretty cool. I'll be adding a Pippi photo as part of the test process too and seeing how easy and flexible it is. What I haven't discovered yet are any formatting features. I would assume they're available somewhere, but it certainly isn't somewhere obvious. And, though I didn't really expect it, a word-count feature would have been awfully nice too.
Well, I've attached a photo (one I worked on today using another new app: Pixlr Express+, and the new-ish app Color Strokes). I have absolutely no idea where it will end up being positioned in the final product, but it should be there somewhere.
And I guess that's my big complaint with the app so far: there doesn't seem to be much control, it's too simplistic. It's nice to be easy and user-friendly, but you have to have the power too and I just don't see that yet. If I discover some hidden benefits, I'll definitely pass them on. Until then, my opinion is that this is a mediocre app at best and certainly can't replace Blogsy - with or without another writing app first. If I don't find improvements, it won't be spending very much time on my iPad.

No comments:
Post a Comment