This time next week I will not be here. This time next week I will be in Cancun, Mexico!!!!!!!!!! Yes, it does merit ten exclamation marks. It will be the first time EVER that I fly. It will be the first time ever I go somewhere warm in winter. It will be the first time ever I swim in warm water. Am I excited? Just a tad!!!!!!!!!!
There are so many things I'm looking forward to I don't even know where to begin. First off is floating down a lazy river in an inner tube. There is all that food. There are places to walk, snorkelling in a coral reef, swimming in a variety of pools, evening shows, seeing little lizards, hanging out in a balcony hammock - virtually every single thing will be new to me. I can barely sleep thinking about it all!
Of course I do have a week to live through first. There's still plenty of basement cleaning. There's packing (yes!). Plus housecleaning, on the down side.
There's that flight too. I'm not sure how I feel about flying. The rational part of me knows it's safer than driving. There's another part of me, though, that would be happier staying on terra firma. Not having wings, I would have been contented to pass my life without ever having flown. Millions of people do it every day without a thought ... but I'm sure I'll have quite a few thoughts when I'm on board. And probably not all of them will be good ones.
I also wonder how I'll fill my days with no dogs to walk, no chores to do, no dinners to prepare. I don't imagine it will take too long to get used to that, though. What might take a little longer is having no Internet. My beloved Pearl will be staying safely at home. It's been a long time since I've gone even a couple of days - let alone a week - sans connection to the wider world. I think it could be really good for me, though, maybe bring me back a little closer to who I really am. Anyway, I'll find everything out starting in just six and a half days. YES !!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment