Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Dogless:(

This is a tough day for me. I am sitting here dogless and miserable while my two babies are at the vet having operations. I know it's the best thing for them. I know they're in good hands. But I still feel worried and bad. I don't want anything to go wrong and there's always a risk with surgery, no matter how minor. I don't want them to suffer and feel pain or fear either. 

The house feels so empty and dead without their presences. Even though they can be so quiet and still I'd hardly know they're around, I do. And it's so nice just knowing they are there. Even doing absolutely nothing, they are still the finest of company. It's also very good for me to have something to care for and to love; I need to be needed very badly in my life.

I will miss them even more tonight. Lying in bed with them this morning, I wanted to make the moment last forever. Hershey was curled between my tummy and thighs; Paisley was stretched long and warm up my back. It was about as close to a perfect feeling as I can have.  

Anyway, hopefully my entry tomorrow morning will be much different. Paisley for sure should be home; Hershey's recovery might take an extra day, but with luck he'll be here too. I am praying so hard that everything goes perfectly and that my furry family is one with me soon and, even better, that these operations will give them extra long, healthy and happy lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment