Wow ... I don't know what to write tonight. I do have a list of ideas waiting to be explored, but somehow I don't feel as if I could do any of them justice this evening. Probably I shouldn't have left it so late - no, I definitely shouldn't have left it so late. After watching all the drama of “Glee” (plus two long walks and Pilates class and cleaning three bathrooms today) I'm mellow and droopy and decidedly unmotivated.
So I think I'll just reflect a little on how my personal “Nano”WriMo has been going. Yesterday I celebrated one full week of blogs and poems! Not all of them are great writing, but not one of them would have existed at all if I hadn't made the commitment to start. And so I have to be proud of myself. I didn't always feel like it, but I've written every single day. For me, that's a real accomplishment.
The next thing to work on, I think, should be timing. It's become my bad habit to leave the writing (especially of the blog) until late in the day - evening, actually. And nights have never been my forte. Like little Paisley, I pretty much turn off by eight. Yes, I force myself to do it, but I think I could do it even better earlier. Perhaps it wouldn't feel so much like forcing either. After all, the ultimate objective is to make writing something I actually want to do and, moreover, look forward to doing pretty much every day. So I've added a third goal: to have at least my blog done by supper time. Hopefully it will make for some better posts ... and a happier poster too.
P.S. Just for the record and posterity, my apps of choice in this endeavour are iA Writer for blog entries (and Blogsy to actually post them and add any pictures or formatting) and Pages for my poetry. And to keep track of my progress I just got HabitMaker - best monitoring app I've found yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment