Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Snow Day!

I guess I got Sunday's wish: today it snowed. There's always something magical about the year's first snow, sort of a Christmas morning type of feeling. Since I'm not working right now, I didn't have any of the usual apprehension over bad driving or parking either and was truly able to enjoy and appreciate it. The essential, unstressed, me adores winter and loves being able to curl up cozy inside or have the pleasure of walking in the new fallen snow, admiring its freshness and beauty.  (And I'm happy to report that my new boots are extremely comfy and warm.) 

This year was particularly special because it was Paisley's first time ever seeing snow! She was curious, but seems to have somewhat mixed emotions about it. At first she didn't even want to put her toes in it and was doing some high stepping. And immediately after piddling, she hid in her dog house. But then she came out and started sniffing and nipping at it. 

And she was actually pretty good about it on her walkies. She did lots of happy pouncing and bouncing. She is still skinny and definitely doesn't like the cold - she shivers, poor pet - but so long as she didn't stop for too long, she was just fine (although she seemed even more content curling up on the Lazyboy afterwards!) She doesn't appear to want to spend any more time outside than necessary, however; she doesn't even want to go down the stairs, though I shovelled them off nicely for her.

Hershey is much more of a snow dog, but it was sticky snow, so he was hampered by snowballs clinging to his legs. By the end of our walks he was practically waddling! You can't pull them off either; you pretty much have to wait for him to defrost.

Anyway, there is lots of winter yet to come (although not in the next few weeks; by Friday it will be back up to +9). So I'm sure both Hershey and Paisley will be having many more snow days bouncing happily through the fluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment