Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My Doggies are Home:)

Well, today is a substantially happier day. My puppies are home and all's right with my world (or at least that part of it). Their operations went just perfectly and I picked them up this morning - Hershey first, then I went back for Paisley since I didn't think it would be a good thing for her to be climbing all over him in the car. It's actually astonishing to me how quickly they seem to be recovering. Paisley's operation was more minor and, except for a few little licks at her scar (mainly out of curiosity, I think) she seems completely back to normal. Hershey's operations were more serious and he's a bit itchy and on painkillers for five days. But he too is amazing me. His appetite was bigger than usual, he was eager for his afternoon walk, he's up on the chair and sofa like always. Dogs really are quite remarkable creatures.

Now they say a body can get used to anything, and I suppose I could even get used to a life without dogs ... but I sure wouldn't want to. I think it would be a much narrower, more self-centred existence. It's good to have something outside yourself to care for and think of, and Willow, my fish, isn't quite enough. True, dogs tie you down a bit, but they give back infinitely more. I don't need fancy furniture or cars or vacations; the love I get daily from Hershey and Paisley is worth so much more to me. Just stroking their furry heads and hugging their warm bodies today made me feel so incredibly good. My doggies are definitely two of the very best parts of my life, and I hope I will always be blessed to share my life with dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment